The library has several large tables throughout the library that are perfect to use as a formal or informal meeting space. There are also two rooms available for reservations for those who meet the eligibility for use. Currently, the meeting room has a maximum capacity of 25, and the conference room has a maximum capacity of 10. The meeting and conference rooms (from now on referred to as ‘meeting space’) of the Logan-Hocking County District Library are for use by nonprofit groups or organizations or individuals that have a cultural, educational, or civic purpose. There is no charge for the use of a meeting space. However, donations would be appreciated. Groups using library meeting space must adhere to the guidelines outlined in this policy. Use of this room does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of either programs or point of view expressed therein.
Eligibility for Use
- Individuals or groups reserving a meeting space must be able to demonstrate their reservation is for a cultural, educational, or civic purpose.
- The Library’s use of meeting space takes precedence over any other use and the library reserves the right to cancel use of the meeting rooms by an outside organization if the Library Director or Library Board determines that the meeting space is needed for library purposes.
Restrictions on Use
The following uses are NOT permitted:
- Private parties or receptions.
- Meetings planned by a company or individual to promote, advertise, or lead to the sale of a product or service.
- Meetings in excess of the legal capacity of the meeting room, i.e., 30 persons.
- Food is only allowed in the Meeting Room (Conference Rooms do not allow food).
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All reservations must be made by phone or in person, and must be confirmed in writing by completing, a meeting room application form at least one week in advance of the requested meeting date. An application form will be filled out and kept for the current calendar year. All reservations for that year, whether recurring or a one-time event are to be recorded on the back of the individual’s agreement form. If you need additional forms, attach another meeting room application to the back (crossing off the application page)
- Persons booking the meeting room must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. At least one of the persons who booked the meeting room must be present during the entire use of the room by the group.
- Reservations are guaranteed for a one time per month use. Usage more than one time per month may be permitted and is based upon availability of rooms. Frequent requests (once per week or greater) have to be pre-approved by the library director. Increased demand may cancel prior approved requests.
- You must check in within 10 minutes of your reservation time. Failure to check in within this time and your reservation will be considered a “No Show” (see Cancellation section).
- Meeting room reservations are not transferable from one group to another group.
- All meeting rooms close promptly at fifteen minutes prior to library closing time. Reservation requested before or after the library’s regular operating hours must have the express prior permission of the Library Director.
- Groups using library meeting space may not charge admission to the meeting or request donations.
- Absolute privacy for groups using library meeting space is not guaranteed.